Error after install

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I have tried installing this and I am getting this error when I try to browse to the customisations>metadata browser form.

[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.60129.0&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred

at CRM.Tools.MetadataBrowser.Views.EntityList.ExecuteRetrieveEntities_ExecuteCompleted(Object sender, ExecuteCompletedEventArgs response)
   at CRM.Tools.MetadataBrowser.CrmSdk.OrganizationServiceClient.OnExecuteCompleted(Object state)

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Thankyou for the feedback, it seems that a select few people are receiving this error and I have been able to reproduce it in my test environment. A was sent a Fiddler trace from a person receiving this and the trace only provided details of a HTTP 500  - System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException occurring with no further details. This showed that an Internal Server Error occurred but without any further detail I am unable to locate the problem and it only happens for a handful of people.

Could you please check your server event log and/or CRM trace file for errors that occur when you receive this message from the tool. In the Event Log you might see details of the System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException and if you could send that to me that would be great. As I mentioned I cannot reproduce this error so hopefully your feedback will help be diagnose the problem.

Also, one thing you might like to try is to access the tool while fro mthe Server and also try from a Client machine and see if you receive the error in both places.

Thanks,

Rhett

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:55 PM

It appears to be a client-side problem. When trying to install the version of Silverlight in the link, I receive a "you have a newer version of Silverlight" message. The solution works from a server in the environment.

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Thanks for your feedback pporreca, it is quite odd that this only effects a few people. I've tested it from a server on win 2008 and I also connect to a CRM Online instance from my desktop running windows 7 64 bit and its fine.

Rhett

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Try accessing crm using the server name and then access the tool.

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Please try the latest version to see if it resolves your issue.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I experienced the same issue and noticed that the error only occurs when navigating to the tool on the server itself.

Thanks for the great tool!!!

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Are you using the latest version 2.0.0.0 as I test this from a server and it runs fine. I've tried using localhost and the servername so I am finding it difficult to resolve this issue for you guys.

Rhett

On 28 Jun 2011, at 16:16, "Visionary" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I experienced the same issue and noticed that the error only occurs when navigating to the tool on the server itself.

Thanks for the great tool!!!

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM

fyi... I'm getting the same error with your 2-0-0-0 release on-premise from the server (IE8) and client(IE9). I loaded it into one Online instance and it works fine. The instances are almost identical. This is corporate development so I can't send the Solution.  if there's some info I can provide let me know.

I don't see anything in the server logs. Per the error  msg it occurs at....

CRM .Tools. Metadata Browser.Views. EntityList. ExecuteRetrieveEntities_ExecuteCompleted

(Object sender, ExecuteCompleted EventArgs response)

at CRM.Tools. MetadataBrowser. CrmSd k. OrganizationServiceCi ient. OnExecuteCompleted

(Object state)

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:00 AM

If you still experience the same error please download the latest version 2.0.0.1 and if you see an error please forward it to me.

Many thanks,

Rhett

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:47 PM

It works! Thanks so much for doing this.

Wendell Simmons | UPSIDE Commerce | CMO | 425.947.2929 | Redmond, WA | upsidecommerce.com

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 5:01 PM
To: wendell@upsidecommerce.com
Subject: Re: Error after install [crm2011metabrowser:250245]

If you still experience the same error please download the latest version 2.0.0.1 and if you see an error please forward it to me.

Many thanks,

Rhett